Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Un Argentino en Nueva York...Times

One of my projects for next year is the selection of four members of the New York State Board of Regents, which is the State's education policy board. The first step of this project was pretty elementary: place an ad to let people know that we are looking for new Regents.

As the contact person for this search, my name appeared in the ad, which, among other places, ran in the Sunday New York Times.

THE! NEW! YORK! TIMES!

Yessir, this Argentino, from Mendoza, who grew up in Las Heras, was born in Godoy Cruz, attended San Luis Gonzaga, and played in acequias had his name in the New York Times.

When I heard that such a prestigious opportunity was going to present itself, I said to my boss, "I always knew I would be in the Times, I just figured it would be in the police blotter."

No comments: