Sunday, March 1, 2009

I love living by a decent airport

In Fort Collins, you could go days without seeing a decent airplane flying overhead because the airport was crap. There was only one commercial flight of significance flying out of the airport, and usually it was not routed near the city on takeoff or landing.

But, alas, that is much different now. Granted, Albany is nowhere near your O'Hares, Atlantas, or JFKs, but at least the active runways usually ensure a few good views of flights coming in or heading out.

I thought of this last weekend as I was out chasing waterfalls and I got a good look of this little guy heading into ALB. I could not get the best look in the world, but it looked like a US Airways Dash 8.
Yeah, yeah, it's not the most exciting thing in the world, but it's much better than anything you could hope to get around Fort Collins.

No comments: