Wednesday, August 27, 2008

UPDATE: Clinton quiet on mystery plane controversy

I was very impressed with Senator Clinton's speech last night at the Democratic National Convention. As I have alluded to before, I voted for the other guy in the primary, but I think that she showed last night why 18 million people chose her instead. It could not have been easy for her last night. As she walked on-stage I could just hear her thinking to herself how she thought she would be making a much different speech at that venue.

As was first reported by this blog on August 15th, 2008, Senator Clinton was raffling off a trip to be her guest at the Democratic National Convention on a mystery plane. Sadly, Senator Clinton did not answer for "Planegate" last night.

I will not let this controversy die down. I pledge to you, my readers, that I will press the Senator's staff until I get an answer. Until then, I offer more evidence in support of Planegate.

Here is Senator Clinton's mystery plane again:

The important detail here is that this is a four-engine plane with standard landing gear underneath the wings.

Exhibit 1: This is an A340. Notice, four engines like the mystery plane, but an additional wheel underneath the wings.

Exhibit 2: Here we have an A330. Only two engines, but landing gear matching the mystery plane. I would like an answer, Senator.

By the way, as a respected plane expert, I will be endorsing a candidate for President in the upcoming general election. My pick will be determined on the color scheme of each candidate's campaign airplane. I will not be making an endorsement until after the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I did make the Obama campaign's short list for VP, although certain incidents in the summer of 2006 at the upper soccer field at Camp Wah-Nee ultimately disqualified me from contention. The McCain campaign has not contacted me yet regarding joining the Republican ticket.

No comments: