Saturday, December 11, 2010

Who brought the 1970's goalie?

I am a bit disappointed that I have not kept hockey statistics this season because I have been tearing it up on the ice. I have a couple of hat trick games, a couple of four and five point games, and, if I do say so myself, some nasty, filthy goals mixed in. This is probably the best hockey I have played in my life.

And just to make it a bit more interesting, I also donned the goalie equipment for a game. Here's the proof:

Unfortunately, my goalkeeping was not as awesome as my goal scoring. My team lost the game I played in goal 6-5 and I did my share of the damage with what I considered 3 soft goals. It was nice to get back in the gear, though. I played goalie on the Colorado State University roller hockey back in the day and when I lived in Colorado and played both roller and ice on multiple teams (ah the joy of being a student) I mostly played in net.

When I got to Albany, my mom shipped out my equipment to me and I think I used it maybe once in the last four years. So, when Diane moved in, the equipment had to go - there just isn't enough space in my high-rise luxury condo for goalie equipment that is not being used.

However, when I was still an up and coming star with the Night Owls hockey club and did not have a permanent roster spot, I wanted to make myself as indispensible as possible. So, I told the manager that I could be an emergency goalie if someone else put up the equipment. I did not get that call until a few weeks ago - and since I didn't entirely embarrass myself, it looks like I may get it more regularly.

6 comments:

One Way Truck Rental said...

great blog...

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my blog

http://my-way-here.blogspot.com/

car insurance said...

The best place where u can get some nice quality info.!

rastreator said...

This is the best post on this topic i have ever read.I am really very impressed with the blogging

Power Point Presentation said...

See the power of positive thinking within you. Please follow my blog and read intersting and important posts/blogs about

ppt, case study, interview, deals, google, amazon, GOVERNMENT JOB...
About Top Blogs, Best Blog Maker Tips, 10 Tips For Adsense
visit:
http://amitkumaragarwal.blogspot.com

Restaurant Insurance said...

Hey that was a nice blog, and wish you all the best for future matches.
I hope you becomes strong with experience.